We love this bracelet. My son is allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, and sesame. He never takes it off. He sleeps, bathes, and swims in it. The chain and clasp are sturdy. All of his allergy information is prominently displayed on the front of the alert, with my cell phone number behind. He has been wearing this design for years now. We buy him a new one 1-2 times a year to accommodate growth and because the red lettering does rub off over time. It is still legible but less so. We have looked at other designs, but he likes this one. We like having his allergies displayed in front, not in back. We also appreciate that it is always on, so we don't have to remember to put it back on at any time.